Willow is a residential home for people living with a primary diagnosis of Autism and a learning disability. The purpose built building provides an environment that allows individuals to experience space whilst being offered the support that they require to be involved in activities of daily living.
- Supports males and females aged 18 yrs + who have a diagnosis of autism and a learning disability.
- Individuals are likely to have additional needs and may display behaviours that challenge.
- Admission is primarily based upon an initial 12 week assessment period which includes an assessment of compatibility to make sure that residents can be supported to live well together.
Philosophy of Care
Philosophically, we believe in understanding the needs of the individual through robust assessment in order to provide person centred support to enable individuals to lead fulfilling lives within their local community.
We do this through:
- Person centred planning and positive behaviour support to enable individuals to maintain and develop skills leading to greater independence.
- Providing services that represent good value for money by demonstrating measurable, effective outcomes and progression.
- Ensuring our colleagues have opportunities for tailored training and development to meet individual needs.
- Ensuring that compliance and audit systems support service delivery and constantly drive improvement and embed quality in everything we do.
- We work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to meet the needs of the individual’s needs.
The support you will receive
- The support you receive will be tailored around you and your needs a person centred approach.
- You are encouraged and supported to play an active role in your own care and decision making processes.
- We will help you pursue ambitions and interests.
- We strive to help you maintain contact with your social networks and people who are important to you.
- An on-site day service (Highfield Hub) is available for you to access and engage in social and recreational activities if you wish.
- We will encourage and support you to learn new skills in a setting you find most comfortable with – this may be at home or in the community.
- Highfield Hub can also facilitate more formal based learning and education in conjunction with bodies such as the National Open College Network (NOCN).
- 8 en suite furnished bedrooms
- Spacious living areas
- Sensory room
- A family and activities room
- Computer access where appropriate
- Extensive grounds including outside seating
- Access to a range of social and educational opportunities including college courses, work experience, swimming, bingo, cycling , bowling and cinema.
- Options to utilise a day opportunities service
The Surrounding Area
Willow is located in the hamlet of Llangwyfan in an area of outstanding natural beauty. The nearby village of Llandyrnog provides access to local amenities which include: local church, butchers shop, general store which includes a post office and three public houses, two of which have restaurant facilities. The location offers the benefits of tranquillity as well as excellent opportunities for exercise and observing local wildlife. It is also within minutes of a main road through North Wales, putting the whole region within easy reach from the mountains of Snowdonia, to the North Wales coast and beyond.
Monique Lane – Interim Registered Manager