Learning Disabilities Service
The Lodge is a residential home for people living with a learning disability and/or Autism.
The home empowers individuals to make decisions and achieve fulfilling and rewarding lives at a pace consistent with their needs, wishes and potential for progress. By working together, we develop pathways for individuals that enable them to achieve positive outcomes.
- Individuals aged 18 yrs + who have a diagnosis of a learning disability and/or Autism and/or other associated conditions.
- Admission is primarily based upon an initial 12-week assessment period which includes a ‘Compatibility’ assessment to make sure that residents can be supported to live well together.
Philosophy of Care
Philosophically, we believe in understanding the needs of the individual through robust assessment in order to provide person centred support to enable individuals to lead fulfilling lives as part of their local community.
We do this through:
- Psychologically informed environments that encourage staff to reflect on practice and how to support the individual.
- Person centred plans to develop positive behaviour support, enabling individuals to maintain and develop skills leading to greater independence.
- Providing services that represent good value for money by demonstrating measurable, effective outcomes and progression.
- Ensuring our colleagues have opportunities for tailored training and development to meet individual needs.
- Ensuring that compliance and audit systems support service delivery and constantly drive improvement and embed quality in everything we do.
- We work with a wide range of stakeholders to meet the needs of the individuals needs.
The Support Delivered
Enhancing quality of life is important to us. By working with the person and key stakeholders, we adopt a person centred approach to promote the development of both social and adaptive skills leading towards maintaining and increasing independence. By offering opportunities, individuals are able to enhance their quality of life and achieve positive outcomes.
The homely environment offers a range of in-house activities which residents can choose to take part in or opt out of as they wish. Popular activities include; pamper and make-up sessions, hair styling, arts and crafts, cooking and meal planning.
Residents also have access to ‘Highfield Hub’, an indoor learning space, which offers flexible programs and the opportunity for residents to engage in social and recreational activities with other residents or individually. The service now offers accredited and certified courses through National Open College Network (NOCN) which allow individuals to gain national recognised qaulifications. The hub has strong links with community and volunteering projects which individuals are encouraged to get involved with.
- Three bedrooms each with en-suite sinks
- A modern kitchen which encourages and facilitates meal preparation and cooking
- Personalisation to rooms welcomed
- A shared bathroom
- Outside seating area
- Extensive landscaped grounds
- A bus stop within 300 yards
- Options to access ‘The Hub’, a day opportunities service
- Options to access ‘The Woodlands’, an outdoor learning area
The Surrounding Area
The Lodge is located in the hamlet of Llangwyfan in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The nearby village of Llandyrnog provides access to local amenities which include: Local church, butchers shop, general store which includes a Post Office and three public houses two of which have restaurant facilities. The location offers the benefits of tranquillity as well as excellent opportunities for exercise and seeing local wildlife. It is also within minutes of a main road through North Wales putting the whole region within easy reach, from the mountains of Snowdonia to the North wales coast and beyond.
Daniel has a wealth of experience in the field of Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Forensic and Autism with hospital, community and residential settings. In addition to this, Daniel has worked as a part of MHC for 13 years and has obtained QCF Level 5 Health and Social Care for Adults.
Daniel values high standards, a person centred care and reflects this within his work.