Oak is an 8 bedded residential home for individuals over the age of 18 years who have a diagnosis of Autism and a moderate to severe learning disability. Oak is a large building which offers individuals space in which Oak can support them to learn new skills and increase their independence.
- Males or females aged 18 yrs + who have a diagnosis of autism and a learning disability. Individuals are likely to have additional needs and may display behaviours that challenge.
- Admission is primarily based upon an initial 12 week assessment period which includes as assessment of compatibility to make sure that residents can be supported to live well together.
Philosophy of Care
Philosophically, we believe in understanding the needs of the individual through robust assessment in order to provide person centred support to enable individuals to lead fulfilling lives within their local community.
We do this through:
- Person centred planning and positive behaviour support to enable individuals to maintain and develop skills leading to greater independence.
- Providing services that represent good value for money by demonstrating measurable, effective outcomes and progression.
- Ensuring our colleagues have opportunities for tailored training and development to meet individual needs.
- Ensuring that compliance and audit systems support service delivery and constantly drive improvement and embed quality in everything we do.
- We work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to meet the needs of the individual’s needs.
The support you will receive
- Our support is tailored around you and your needs.
- Colleagues will work with you to find out what is important to you and for you.
- Contact and consultation with your family and individuals who are important to you is supported.
- We take the time to get to know you to create an environment that you feel safe and secure in.
- We understand routines may be important to you. We will work around you and things that matter to you.
- We will support you to take positive risks so you can experience new opportunities in a way that you are comfortable with.
- We will encourage and support you to learn new skills – this may be at home or in the community.
- We encourage you to take an active involvement in every aspect of your life and in making your own decisions that affect your life.
- 8 en suite furnished bedrooms
- Two lounges
- Shared bathroom
- An activities of daily living (ADL) kitchen
- Activity room
- Access to WIFI
- Sensory room
- Access to Oak’s two vehicles
- Extensive grounds including access to a sunken trampoline and a wooden area.
The Surrounding Area
Oak is located in the hamlet of Llangwyfan in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The nearby village of Llandyrnog provides access to local amenities which include: local church, butchers shop, general store which includes a post office and three public houses, two of which have restaurant facilities. The location offers the benefits of tranquillity as well as excellent
opportunities for exercise and observing local wildlife. It is also within minutes of a main road through North Wales, putting the whole region within easy reach from the mountains of Snowdonia, to the North Wales coast and beyond.
Kathryn Taylor, Registered Manager
Kathryn has a wealth of experience working in the health and social care sector. She qualified as a Registered Nurse in Learning Disabilities in 1986 and has worked for MHC since 2002.
Kathryn is professional and passionate about ensuring the care given to and received by individuals is given in a person centred manner.