Ash is a six bedded residential service for adults with a diagnosis of autism and a learning disability. Individuals are likely to have additional needs and may display behaviours that challenge. The home offers an environment in which individuals are empowered to develop their full potential, personal choice and access to greater independent living where possible.
- Males or females aged 18 and over who have a diagnosis of a autism and a learning disability. Individuals are likely to have additional needs an may display behaviours that challenge.
- Admission is primarily based upon an initial 12 week assessment period.
Philosophy of Care
Philosophically, we believe in understanding the needs of the individual through robust assessment in order to provide person centred support to enable individuals to lead fulfilling lives as part of their local community.
We do this through:
- Psychologically informed environments that encourage staff to reflect on practice and how to support the individual.
- Person centred plans to develop positive behaviour support, enabling individuals to maintain and develop skills leading to greater independence.
- Providing services that represent good value for money by demonstrating measurable, effective outcomes and progression.
- Ensuring our colleagues have opportunities for tailored training and development to meet individual needs.
- Ensuring that compliance and audit systems support service delivery and constantly drive improvement and embed quality in everything we do.
- We work with a wide range of stakeholders to meet the needs of the individuals needs.
The support you will receive
- The support you receive will be tailored around you and your individual needs- a person centred approach.
- We will work with you to increase and maintain your independence and opportunities.
- Our care and support is tailored to you and your needs. We will support you in all aspects of daily life, where needed.
- We facilitate and support you to engage in forums to ensure you have a say about, and take an active role with the running of your home.
- We will encourage and support you to learn new skills in a setting you find most comfortable with – this may be at home or in the community.
- Highfield Hub, an on-site day service, facilitates social and recreational activities as well more formal based learning and education in conjunction with bodies such as the National Open College Network (NOCN).
- 6 en-suite bedrooms
- Quiet lounge
- Activities room
- Computer access where appropriate
- Extensive landscaped grounds
- Access to a range of social and educational opportunities including college courses, work experience,swimming, bingo, cycling , bowling cinema, and options to utilise a day opportunities service
- Options to access the ‘Woodlands’, an outdoor learning environment
The surrounding area
Ash is located in the hamlet of Llangwyfan in an area of outstanding natural beauty. The nearby village of Llandyrnog provides access to local amenities which include: local church, butchers shop, general store which includes a post office and three public houses, two of which have restaurant facilities. The location offers the benefits of tranquillity as well as excellent opportunities for exercise and observing local wildlife. It is also within minutes of a main road through North Wales, putting the whole region within easy reach from the mountains of Snowdonia, to the North Wales coast and beyond.
The Registered Manager
Tammy Griffith, Registered Manager
Tammy is qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care and Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Management, she also has completed her ILM Level 4 in Leadership and Management.
Tammy has worked for MHC since 2005, working her way up from Support Worker to Registered Manager. She has experience in Autism, challenging behaviours and complex needs.