Meols Drive awarded ‘Good’ overall by CQC
We are delighted to announce that, following a recent inspection that took place on the 22nd June and 6th July, Meols Drive Care Home with Nursing has been rated ‘Good’ overall and included an outstanding in the responsive area.
Purpose built in 2014 Meols Drive provides a residential nursing service for men living with a borderline to moderate learning disability. Individuals are supported to achieve an enhanced quality of life: living where they feel safe and well, where they are valued and included in their community and access to effective support that promotes independence, choice and control.
The inspection report highlights many areas of positive practice:
- A service that is designed so that there are as few distinctions as possible between people supported and staff
- The promotion of a respectful and inclusive atmosphere
- The strong focus on people being enabled, increased independence and to live a meaningful and full life
- A person-centred focus from the care planning process. An opportunity to get to know a person as an individual and for them to take the lead in planning their own support
- The provision of meaningful activities that are not only recreational but focused on community engagement
- Examples of initiatives implemented to actively involve the people supported in their care and treatment
- A supportive management team
The full report is published on the CQC website.