Holland House and Villas
Mental Health Service
Holland House and Holland Villas are community focused residential homes for individuals living with functional mental health conditions.
People are supported and enabled to achieve positive outcomes by maximising well being, independence and quality of life.
- Males / females aged 18yrs+ who have a functional mental health condition and may have associated issues such as personality disorder, mild learning disability and/or substance misuse, that lead to complex behaviours.
- Following a comprehensive pre admission assessment, suitability for admission is based on a 12 week assessment period.
Philosophy of Care
Philosophically, we believe in understanding the needs of the individual through robust assessment in order to provide person centred support to enable individuals to lead fulfilling lives as part of their local community.
We do this through:
- Psychologically informed environments that encourage staff to reflect on practice and how to support the individual.
- Person centred plans to develop positive behaviour support, enabling individuals to maintain and develop skills leading to greater independence.
- Providing services that represent good value for money by demonstrating measurable, effective outcomes and progression.
- Ensuring our colleagues have opportunities for tailored training and development to meet individual needs.
- Ensuring that compliance and audit systems support service delivery and constantly drive improvement and embed quality in everything we do.
- We work with a wide range of stakeholders to meet the needs of the individuals needs. ho challenge the service.
The Support Delivered
Holland House provides a step down for individuals who are ready to move on from hospital settings to more independent living, as part of their rehabilitation pathway.
Before admission, a key worker is allocated and, if needed, a transition plan implemented to ensure a successful move from the individual’s current placement. A Consultant Psychiatrist will oversee and review the support and treatment given, on a monthly basis.
Through person centred planning Individuals are supported (only where necessary) and encouraged to independently undertake their own personal care requirements, domestic duties, shopping, cooking, self medicate (where applicable), manage own finances, undertake work placements and organise social activities to enhance life skills.
Outcomes and activities are agreed in-line with individual needs, interests, wishes and ambitions and in collaboration with commissioners, families and significant others. Establishing meaningful activities promote independence and individuality- the home facilitates gardening projects, art work, further education, work experience and charity work to name a few.
Individuals are encouraged to make informed choices and to take informed risks.
- Eight bedrooms (three of which are en suite)
- Two shared bathrooms
- Spacious living areas
- Outside living area with seating
- Situated in the heart of the community
Holland Villas (adjoining Holland House):
- Three bedrooms
- Shared bathroom
- Good transport links
The Surrounding Area
Denbigh or Dinbych in Welsh translates as “little fortress”. The remains of Denbigh Castle and its walls dominate the skyline of the historic market town and overlook the scenic Vale of Clwyd. The town offers a range of independent shops,restaurants, public houses, cafés and library.
Denbigh is within minutes of a main road through North Wales, putting the whole region within easy reach from the mountains of
Snowdonia to the North Wales coast and beyond.
Public transport is easily accessible with buses running frequently from Denbigh to neighbouring towns and rail links can be accessed at Rhyl train station.
Rachael Hannaby, Registered Manager
Rachael has worked in care services for over 15 years supporting people with physical and mental health needs. Over the years she has gained expertise and qualifications in various aspects of care provision and management including; Level 4 in Leadership and Management, Level 4 in Health and Social Care, CMI level 5 award in Management, Coaching and Mentoring.